TLDR: Setup an Yacy Raspbian Image for your PI, presetup with minimal configuration needed. Yacy is an distributed search engine.
Maybe my memory notes are of use to someone else too.
- Mainsetup according to: http://www.yacy-websearch.net/wiki/index.php/En:Raspberry_Pi
- A lot of unneeded packages can be removed, see : http://www.yacy-websearch.net/wiki/index.php/En:DebianHeadless
- Make PI SD-card corruption less with http://ideaheap.com/2013/07/stopping-sd-card-corruption-on-a-raspberry-pi/
- Install usbmount on the PI for easy automount
- Ufw (firewall) in the image set to:
Allow from outside to port 80, 8091,8092
Allow every port from internal subnet
To Action From
— —— —-
8091 ALLOW Anywhere
Anywhere ALLOW 192.168.1.0/24
80 ALLOW Anywhere
8092 ALLOW Anywhere
8091 ALLOW Anywhere (v6)
80 ALLOW Anywhere (v6)
8092 ALLOW Anywhere (v6)
as suggested at https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=47115
- The ports used in Yacy are 8091 for http, 8092 for https.
- Enable SSH-server and any pub-keys and authorized hosts for easy login.
- Turn off/on any features like ssh with raspi-config.
- Change the default PI-user password.
- Change the password for default Yacy-admin.
- JVM for Yacy is set as max 856 mb mem – this should surely be more if your pie has it.
- Takes a while to start, be patient.
- Logs for yacy are under ~/yacy/DATA/LOG
- Backup and compress the SD-image.https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/311/how-do-i-backup-my-raspberry-pi#313